Release notes for Funnelback 9.1.0
Released: 5th August 2010
- Integration with an enterprise repository connector system, supporting SharePoint and Lotus Domino gathering with high performance document level security.
- Improved query report presentation, including a dashboard and interactive charts.
- Incremental updating of query reports and ability to view reports while updating.
- Higher performance document filtering, multi-threaded filtering and in-crawl filtering.
- The "SEARCH_SERVICE" environment variable is no longer supported, having been replaced by the bureau_mode_enabled setting in global.cfg. In environments where SEARCH_SERVICE was set to BUREAU, bureau_mode_enabled should be set to true.
- The change in default filtering frameworks noted above results in much improved filtering performance, however please be aware that:
- Cached copies of Microsoft office documents will no longer reflect the original document formatting.
- Microsoft Word 95 and Microsoft Word 6 documents are no longer supported.
Selected improvements and bugfixes
- Feature renaming as follows :
- Fluster becomes Contextual Navigation.
- Query Spike Detection becomes Pattern Analyser.
- Featured Pages becomes Best Bets.
- Query Expansion becomes Synonyms.
- Ability to specify both inclusive and exclusive date constraints.
- Activation of faceted and contextual navigation by default on filecopy collections.
- Relocation of Jetty working directory to avoid conflict with tmpwatcher and similar.
- Assorted improvements to document title fixing to reduce undesirable title changes.
- Improved query reports performance on 64bit windows platforms.
- Form tag reordering to allow s:cgi access from within form plugins.
- Security plugin mechanism for padre, allowing custom early binding document level security.
- Case insensitivity option for best bets and synonyms.
- Better query handling of German umlauts and Maori macrons.
- Improved result summaries for Chinese, Japanese, Korean and Thai.
- Fixed leaking of file-handles when updating large pattern analyser data sets.
- Improved support for HTML base href elements within forms.
- Support for HP TRIM license numbers.
- Improved reporting PDF layout.
- Fixed handling of facets containing parentheses.
- Fixed handling of BASE HREFs in indexed documents.
- Fixed issue with stemming when processing document at a time queries.
- Improved customisation options for contextual navigation.
- Corrected handling of collections with missing metamap.cfg and xml.cfg.
- Better error reporting where primary and secondary indexes differ in format.
- Indexing performance and scalability improvements.
- Dynamic resizing and increased scalability of indexer memory structures.
- Support for complex queries in spelling suggestions and contextual navigation.
- Improved stemming algorithm catching more cases where stemming should apply.
- Corrected reporting counts for geolocated data and queries using include or exclude scopes.