Release notes for Funnelback 15.4.0
Released : 14th April 2016
15.4.0 - Selected improvements and bug fixes
- Improved Modern UI logging: FreeMarker error are now logged to the Modern UI log rather than the Jetty log, and extra searches messages now contain the proper collection and profile information.
- The classic admin UI now uses the same login page and authentication system as the marketing dashboard.
- Funnelback now includes an output connector for ManifoldCF version 2.x, in place of including a full installation of ManifoldCF v1.x.
- Push collections use a better algorithm for choosing which generation to merge.
- Push multi server setups use significantly less bandwidth and less disk IO for replication.
- Push multi server setups can now ignore redirect files on the index.
- Push will now re-index large generations with mostly killed documents.
- Push multi server setups now support compression and no longer require the webdav service.
- Push supports parallel indexing.
15.4.0 - Upgrade Issues
- Deprecated binaries have been removed from
xsltproc. These will need to be re-installed separately if needed.
- Since Funnelback no longer includes an embedded Manifold CF installation, please ensure ManifoldCF is installed as described by connecting enterprise repositories if it is to be used.
- Funnelback's embedded Jetty web server no longer provides JSP support for web applications. This was only used by ManifoldCF which now needs to be installed separately.
An issue exists with the Admin UI's "Prepare Funnelback for upgrade" system menu option in 15.4.0. To work around this issue, please use the following Push API call directly
An interface to access this call directly is available within Funnelback's UI (https://<host name>:<admin port>/search/admin/api-ui/ ) under the Push API tab in the push-api-collection section.