Manage configuration files, templates and web resources using WebDAV
Funnelback provides a WebDAV interface that enables administrators to manage their Freemarker templates, web resources and following list of collection level configuration files using a WebDAV client.
This allows a user to:
- edit templates, web-resources and configuration files using a locally installed text editor application.
- create, upload and download templates, web resources and configuration files directly from a desktop computer.
Accessing the Funnelback resources via WebDAV
The following can be entered into a supported WebDAV client:
- Username: your Funnelback administration interface username
- Password: your Funnelback administration interface password
This will present a directory hierarchy including collections, the profiles they contain and the two views these profiles include (live and preview).
You can access the above list of collection level configuration files in the
and a list of available profiles under
profiles directory, reside under each collection.
- Configuration files
Within each profile view directory two directories are available, 'templates' and 'web-resources'.
The templates directory is a single flat directory which may contain only *.ftl template files. No other file formats or extensions are permitted.
The web-resources directory may contain any file format and nested directories as described in the web resources folder documentation
WebDAV Clients known to work well include:
- MacOS's built-in directory mounting (but please be aware that MacOS will appear to allow read-only files in the live view to be edited and then silently lose any changes made)
Please be aware that the Microsoft Windows built-in WebDAV directory mounting is not compatible with Funnelback's implementation.
WebDAV clients do not support the concept of publication, so after modifying the preview content via WebDAV, please use the administration interface to publish changes, or directly access the publication API endpoints which are documented within Funnelback's API UI.