Release notes for Funnelback 8.0.1
Released : 16th September 2008
- Upgraded the TRIM adapters integration with TRIM, allowing search results to link directly to the TRIM client software, and allowing integration with TRIM versions 6r2 and later.
- Improved faceted navigation support for categories automatically included from document metadata, including support for phrases, dates, and existing definitions of metadata fields.
- Improved metadata extraction from Office documents
- Fixed problem with tagging page not always returning back to search results page
- Fixed unclear error message in database collections that do not have the correct primary key set
- Fixed problems when doing inline filtering on Persistent Sharepoint collections
- Fixed faceted navigation configuration problem that didn't set the correct PADRE options
- Fixed facet category navigation not resetting the start_rank parameter
- Fixed occasional inaccurate PADRE RMC counts
- Fixed the hard coded windows paths in is_windows() checks
- Fixed incorrect SYSTEM_ROOT under Jetty
- Fixed problem with the 'clive' option with meta-collections
- Fixed problem with the ExternalFilterProvider closing filtered filehandles
- Prevented the upgrade process from removing some pre- and post- commands
- Removed file-lock caused by update.bat that could prevent multiple scheduled updates occurring at once
- Fixed problem with the TRIM gatherer ignoring the 'extracted filetypes' parameter
- Fixed problem with the upgrade process leaving old plugins on the file system
- Fixed timeout issues with unusual noindex_expressions
- Fixed user/group problem with Funnelback/Apache integration
- Fixed problem with complex regular expression featured pages
- Fixed problem with temp files not being deleted from Windows temp directory
- Fixed issue with Win32 Event logging not being properly initialised
- Fixed numerous minor query parsing issues in PADRE
- Fixed case of a userfile not being created on install
- Fixed numerous faceted navigation display problems
- Improved the detection of pre Funnelback 7 installations at install time, and included safety measures to prevent old installations from operating after upgrades.
- Minor documentation corrections
- Fixed featured pages upgrade issue from pre Funnelback 7 installs
- Fixed numerous input validation issues in the administration UI
- Fixed character encoding problem on the tagging login page that caused some users to be unable to log in
- Removed fluster scores from the default UI as they were being confused with counts
- Fixed problem with negation in 'Compare' search UI tags
- Changed default faceted navigation UI to search within the selected categories by default when entering new searches.
- Fixed display bug that caused duplicated tree elements in the fluster search UI.
- Added faceted navigation tags to the default advanced form.