Profile specific location
Collection level location
List of queries to apply to blend together into a single result set based on triggers.
Query blending allows multiple variants of a query to be run and then blended into a single result set. Query blending can be performed based on a number of sources as defined in the
-qsup query processor option. This file defines the blending rules to be applied.
blending.cfg should only be used in tandem with the
-qsup=SYNS query processor option - entries in
blending.cfg may be different from those in
A text file, beginning with a line indicating the version number of the thesaurus (currently there is only one available). Each subsequent line indicates an entire query or query term that will be expanded into a different query or query term, with the resulting query being blended with the initial one. Each line is then:
where type is a character indicating the type of expansion:
- indicates a whole of query expansions
- % indicates a term by term expansion
- ~ indicates a regular expression expansion
When a profile is set, the
blending.cfg for that profile will be used. If the set profile does not have a profile specific
blending.cfg file the collection level file will be used instead.
PADRE Thesaurus Version: 2 %=colour=color +=Department for Administrative Affairs=DAA ~=w.*the.*=green
The above settings would result in the following processing:
- The query colour returning combined results for colour and for color
- The query Department for Administrative Affairs returning combined results for Department for Administrative Affairs and DAA
- The query where are the documents returning combined results for where are the documents and green